Below are the results for Apex Members in the 2013 NJSIAA Wrestling State Championships and a list of all 58 state qualifiers from Apex Wrestling School.
Congratulations to the following Apex Wrestling School Members who placed in the 2013 NJSIAA Wrestling State Championships! This year was a banner year for Apex with a record 6 State Champions and 24 Place Finishers.
2013 New Jersey Wrestling State Championships Results (Apex Members)106lbs Nick Suriano- 1st Yasel Corporan- 5th 113lbs Luis Gonzalez- 1st Mike Russo- 6th 120lbs Joe Travato- 5th 126lbs Anthony Giraldo- 1st Joe Oliva- 7th 132lbs Jason Estevez- 3rd Zach Hertling 4th Connor Burkert- 7th 138lbs Anthony Ashnault 1st Richiew Lewis- 3rd Ryan Burkert- 8th 145lbs BJ Claygon- 1st 152lbs Nick Gravina- 5th Colin Barber-7th Tyler Loughlin- 8th 160lbs John Balboni- 5th Joe Johnson- 7th Brandon Keena- 8th 170lbs Joe Balboni- 3rd Luke Farinaro- 5th 182lbs John Sebastian- 1st Ali Yildiz- 3rd
Congratulations to the following former members who also placed: Craig DeLavCruz, 1st at 120lbs, Bobby Trumbetta 8th at 120lbs. Special mention and congratulations to Razohnn Gross and Zach Chakonis, from Don Bosco Prep, for taking 1st and 2nd respectively. Both are trained privately by Apex coaches, Pete Gonzalez, Diego Crespo and Rich Bitteto.
2013 NJ Wrestling Region Results
Congratulations to the 58 Apex Members (56 current and 2 past) who qualified for the NJSIAA State Championships by placing top 3 in their Region:
106) Nick Suriano, Jon Tropea, Alex Kelly, Yasel Corporan
113) Luis Gonzalez, Nick Tekula, Mike Russo, Joe Ferinde, Bobby Jordan, Angle Sanchez, Anthony Rubinetti
120) Sam Cali, Joe Travato, Bobby Trumbetta**, Sal Profaci, Craig DeLa Cruz**
126) Alex Sebahie, Joe Oliva, Mike Andreano, Anthony Giraldo, Steve Bonsall, Colin Farley
132) Gavin Murray, Jason Estevez, Connor Burkert, Zach Hertling
138) Matt Zovistosky, Anthony Ashnault, Dan McBrinn, Christian Bassolino, Ryan Burkert, Rich Lewis, Humberto Arguenta
145) Sean Kelly, Manny Diminguez, BJ Claygon
152) Nick Gravina, Colin Barber, Tyler Loughlin, Brad Krosser
160) Brandon Lopresti, Kevin Mulluigan, Josef Johnson, John Balboni, Brandon Keena
170) Parker Meytrott, Luke Farinaro, Joe Balboni, Phil Woods, James Kellner, Nate Bueno
182) John Sebastian, Brian Bulger, Jeff Velez, Corey Markovitch, Ali Yildiz
195) Shane Haddad
220) Christian Jenco
**Congratulations to these former Apex Members.
Congratulations to Razohnn Gross and Zach Chakonis for winning their regions. Both athletes are trained privately by Apex coaches, Pete Gonzalez, Rich Bitteto, and Diego Crespo.